Topic: Changing the Fiscal Year to From April to March

Hello,
I am new to FA and am from India. Here the Financial Year goes from April 1st to March 31st. Is there was I can change the start and end of the fiscal to the above dates. As of now if I try to set these are the start and end dates, It says invalid start and end date.

Please suggest what I can do about this.

Re: Changing the Fiscal Year to From April to March

try this
https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/index.php?n=Help.FiscalYears

I had the same issue and it was resolved by following above steps.

Hi,
I tried the steps in the wiki page, and here is where i am facing the problem:

My fiscal year should be 1st April 2011 to 31st March 2012

1. I first create a dummy fiscal year which is 1st Jan 2010 to 31st Dec 2010.
2. I make this as the active fiscal year
3. Now, if i try to delete the current fiscal year which 1st Jan 2011 to 31st Dec 2011, it says there are fiscal years before that so cannot delete this one

I am sure I am doing something wrong but not able to figure out what that is.

There have been made some safety routines in the fiscal years since this info was made. If you are sure there are no transactions on the company, the easiest way to change the fiscal year is to use phpMyAdmin.

However the proper way to do it in FrontAccounting is:

1. The current fiscal year is 01-01-2011 to 31-12-2011.
2. Create a fiscal year 01-01-2012 to 31-03-2012. A short dummy year.
3. Create a fiscal year 01-04-2012 to 31-03-2013. Set this year as active on the company setup.
4. Close and delete year 01-01-2011 to 31-12-2011.
5. Close and delete year 01-01-2012 to 31-03-2012. The dummy year.
6. Create a fiscal year 01-04-2011 to 31-03-2012. Set this year as active on the company setup.

You are now ready to start your transactions. You will now have 2 fiscal years on the company. but you are currently using the first one.

I will fix the update on the Wiki.

/Joe

Yes, I thought that there might have been some changes from the time the instructions were written.

Thank you very much Student and Joe for the suggestions and steps. I will explore the phpMyAdmin option. TO start off I will do it in the front end using the steps given by Joe.

Thanks again.

You can change fiscal year as April to March by direct edit from phpMyAdmin. Go to cpanel then click on phpMyAdmin then edit the table 0_fiscal_year