Topic: Inquiries and Reports

When I enter transaction using payments, the transactions are viewed in Bank Account Inquiry,  But when I enter transaction in Journal Entry, that effect bank accounts, these transactions are not visible in Bank Account Inquiry.  I must go to GL Account Inquiry to see them.

Bank Account Inquiry should show all transactions to that account, no?

Theses Journal Entry transaction are posted to more then two GL Accounts.

AM

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Re: Inquiries and Reports

You should be able to see them in the Bank Account Inquiry. If the Bank Accounts are created correctly, the GL entries will always be posted to Bank Accounts as well.
Are you sure the bank account is created?
I think this was implemented way back in release 1.xx something, so if you are using release 2.0 it should definitely work.

/Joe
BTW, the entry of Bank Accounts in Journal Entry was implemented mostly so administrators could enter an initial balance.

Ya Joe, I think account setup is fine, the transaction below won't show in Bank Account Inquiry, It should show a 152 credit to the bank account

http://www3.speedyshare.com/data/886197433/12573368/65136494/001.jpg

It looks like your files are out of sync.
Inside the file /gl/includes/db/gl_trans_db.inc there is a function, add_journal_entries. This function inserts the bank account transactions as well if the GL account is also a bank account. Look for yourself in the function.
Anyhow, when investigating this, I found another minor update bug. The Bank Account Title wasn't updated on screen.

/Joe

I don't know what to look for?  I looked at the function, I did a text diff, on the file I am using, with the latest export I have from cvs, there is no diff.

Please let me know.

AM

You should see, that if this is a bank account, this bank account is updated as well, right?

/Joe