Topic: Cannot login - extensions.php & config.php never created

Hi

I am having a difficult time installing frontaccounting. After clearing red warnings on http://host/frontaccounting, I come to the login page with the following error messages:

- include_once(./installed_extensions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file: /var/www/html/frontaccounting/frontaccounting.php at line 23

- include_once(): Failed opening './installed_extensions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in file: /var/www/html/frontaccounting/frontaccounting.php at line 23

- Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file: /var/www/html/frontaccounting/includes/session.inc at line 392

- session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/html/frontaccounting/config_db.php:1) in file: /var/www/html/frontaccounting/includes/session.inc at line 31

These error messages are followed by the login screen, specifying Version 2.4.7 Build 24.06.2019 - Login

Note, there is no company setup and hence none in the drop down.

None of the following files were created or exist on the entire computer:

- config.db
- installed_extensions.php

In order to advance this far, I had to create the following file:

/var/www/html/frontaccounting/config_db.php as

def_coy = 0; $tb_pref_counter = 1; $db_connections = array (
    0 => array ('name' => 'Training',
        'host' => 'localhost',
        'dbuser' => 'admin',
        'dbpassword' => '************',
        'dbname' => 'test',
        'tbpref' => '0_')
    );

Here are the details of my machine

- debian 9
- PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u3
- mysql  Ver 8.0.16 for Linux on x86_64
- frontaccounting-2.4.7

I have set ownership of /var/www/html/frontaccounting and anything below this to www-data:www-data.

Permissions are 775.

I have tried without the "test" data base and with it. I created it using the mysql cli.

I have followed the instructions as best as I can.

I have never been able to get passed the login page.

Can you explain what I am missing?

Am I setting the ownership and permissions correctly?  ... to allow front accounting permissions without causing a security issue.

Are there some PHP or MySql setup tasks that I am neglecting?

Thanks,

Joe

Re: Cannot login - extensions.php & config.php never created

Folders 755
Files 644
The missing files generally get created during installation along with some other files.

That is the point. They are never created in my case.

Since you are running bleeding edge PHP/MySQL, turn on debug / error_reporting and check why you are unable to install. Alternatively, run on debian 7 and then port the FA webroot and sql into debian 9.