Topic: Upgrade from FA 2.3.2

Dear Sir / Madam,

My company is currently running on FA 2.3.2 and we have made some customization in the system.

(The customization being we built an online shop that is connected to the FA so any order placed on the online shop are entered into FA as a new sale order automatically)

We would like to upgrade our FA version to the latest (now I believe is 2.4.7) so to improve stability and enjoy the new functionalities.

Can I ask for advice here on how we could upgrade the system without impacting the customization we have done on our FA? Thank you.

Re: Upgrade from FA 2.3.2

Make a separate sandbox of FA 2.3.26 first. Check if your customized connector works with it or see if it can be tweaked to achieve it.

Are there any FA files that were changed as part of the tweaking?
Are those changes now accommodated in the current FA versions?

Upgrading from FA 2.3.6 to FA 2.4.7+ should be okay if you wish to retain the old document numbering system.

Create a new sandbox for FA 2.4.7+ and see if your connector now works with and make waht tweaks are necessary to make it work.

Manually inducting in all the FA 2.3.2 data into FA 2.4.7 will be tedious but is best preferred if you have the technical skillset (DB/PHP) or have someone to assist you with it - post your bounty in the Jobs board and see who bites.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Thanks apmuthu. Actually my main issue with our current FA version (2.3.2) is we have not been able to 'Print Invoices' from the Reports and Analysis tab. I always get the orange triangle after roughly 10 seconds loading time. It may be because our database is too large. I hope that by upgrading to the latest FA version the issue could be resolved.

The slow response, inordinate delay and timeout is perhaps your indexes have not been set as needed and redundant indexes need to be removed. Define "Large" database - backup size for 1 year and how many years data remain open? php.ini file can be tweaked to increase the timeout.

Commercial support is available from many forum users and you can also approach those on the Support list.

has anyone been able to upgrade to 2.4? the biggest issue I have is database compatibility.

@apmuthu do you have an sql dump file to convert 2.3 to 2.4?

1. Check the versions of your source and target MySQL DB and PHP versions
2. Provide your source and target FA versions
3. List any extensions added in FA 2.3.x that may have spawned additional tables / file mods
4. List any custom FA and sql mods done
5. Checkout the FA source dump (backup - list size / open fiscal years) and compare schema with FA 2.4.7+ sql/en_US-new.sql schema.
6. Checkout all the sequential sql/*.sql and sql/*.php file updates after your existing versions

Test it out in a VM / container first. Paid assistance booty can be posted in the Job Offers board.
If all else fails, PM me.