Topic: Safe mode problems.....

Hi All,

Disabling safe mode on a remote server is not really a possibility. How can I let this brilliant package run. Is there anyway around it?
I hope so...

Thanks

Henk.

Re: Safe mode problems.....

Hello Henk,
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Do you mean that you use a remote server, where the PHP is set to safe mode=on? Even if this is generally not a good idea, you should be able to run it anyhow.
You could try to add the following line in the top of config.php:
ini_set("safe_mode", "Off");

/Joe

3 (edited by fysikos 12/12/2007 08:02:39 pm)

Hi Joe,

Safe mode is on at almost any hosting parties.
Your tip was very usefull to me. The tmp dir was not writable, but i created another one in a protected environment which is not accessable via the internet. So in that case i also changed there the tmp directory.
One thing left. The putenv command gives a safe mode warning. Everything works, but the 3 errors are shown in the screen all the time.  includes/lang/gettext.php on line 244, 245 and 246. Where can i fix this?
The message is, cannot set environment var LANG, it's not set in the allowed list. Do you mean the allowed list on the server? or in a configuration file of the package? Please advice.

Then all works perfectly well!!!

Thanks in advance.

Henk.

Hello Henk,
If you are using a Windows Server, there are some hints in some other topics here.
Otherwise I'm stock. Please help us, if you other guys have some hints.

/Joe

Hi Joe,

As you feared alewady ... I am hosting on linux. alright...
Well for the experts (i hope they read this) the messages are:

Warning: putenv() [function.putenv]: Safe Mode warning: Cannot set environment variable 'LANG' - it's not in the allowed list in /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx.nl/public_html/faktuur/includes/lang/gettext.php on line 244

Warning: putenv() [function.putenv]: Safe Mode warning: Cannot set environment variable 'LC_ALL' - it's not in the allowed list in /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx.nl/public_html/faktuur/includes/lang/gettext.php on line 245

Warning: putenv() [function.putenv]: Safe Mode warning: Cannot set environment variable 'LANGUAGE' - it's not in the allowed list in /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx.nl/public_html/faktuur/includes/lang/gettext.php on line 246

I am running safe mode. unfortunately.

Please help!

thanks

Henk.