Topic: Integration LInk

Hi

Just joined the forum and need some help. We have installed FA and are looking for a Integration link connecting FA with Virtuemart.Linking all functions and stock accounts. Kindly help !!!!!!

Re: Integration LInk

Will FA data need to get populated into VirtueMart or vice-versa? Create views of the write DB's table in the read-only DB's table.

3 (edited by stevegrobler1455 12/05/2018 09:30:11 am)

Good Day Apmuthu

Thank you for your reply , please be patient with we as mentioned I am not a programmer or computer expert. Firstly not sure what you mean by DB table. The data need to be transfer between both programs specially inventory ,sales and stock count.

Which direction?
From FA to Virtue Mart or from Virtue Mart to FA ?

DB: Database
Each Database is comprised of tables which in turn is comprised of records which have several fields which are the smallest nuggets of data you can query out.

Would you like to make the master entries in FA and have them sucked into Virtue Mart or the reverse way?

If you had to sell a new item, where would you enter it - FA or Virtue mart? Once the data is entered into one application, the other would have to take it in from there. If you start entering master data in both applications without synching them, it would lead to chaos.

Similarly, the transactional data like daily sales - would you like to have them taken into FA from Virtue Mart or the other way around?

Good day Apmuthu

Thanks for the help. As per your request all transactions/sales need to be done on Virtuemart then sucked into FA.

That should be a breeze with a cronjob.
Make one entry in VirtueMart in the normal course of wok and compare the before and after backups of VirtueMart and see what gets inserted and what is modified.

Manually make the corresponding entry in FA and compare the before and after backups of the FA DB and check what gets inserted and what gets modified.

Now it should be easy to make an sql construct to select from VirtueMart table(s) and then insert into the FA DB. These sqls caan then be made generic with variables as placeholders and used in a php script that handles the necessary insert/update sqls.

7 (edited by stevegrobler1455 12/09/2018 09:34:41 am)

Good Day Apmuthu

I am sure the comparisons can be done by myself, my problem is, as i have explained, I am not a computer expert or programer.
What do i do with the info so we can do the conjob as per you. Is it possible for someone to assist me with the completion of the tasks you mentioned.

Place a bounty with specs on the Job Offers Board here and see what gives.