1 (edited by twlight118 11/29/2018 12:33:13 am)

Topic: Sales order modification help would be more appreciable

I need to modify the sales order entry a single item to multiple customers.
driver will deliver the product to multiple customers a single item like water supply.

the problem is a single sales order to a single customer but many products.

I need a single sales order to multiple customers a single product to be delivered by the driver.

how do I edit this functionality or make changes your guides would be more appreciable

Or we can also remove add item panel in the sales order and add customer panels in the sales order and to make it recurrent for everyday use without adding customer on it on daily basis. we can make it as recurrent sales order template and use it for everyday task.

or if not to edit the existing button for creating sales order we can also make the same copy of sales order or add extra our modified sales order button on below sales order " sales order by customers "

print will print single sheet A4 with many customers and we can also see our customer status as default.

waiting for your valuable replays

wising my self best of luck.

Regards

Re: Sales order modification help would be more appreciable

This is more of a logistics requirement for delivery bunching.
An extension is in order.

Re: Sales order modification help would be more appreciable

Mr. Apmuthu Good day to you. Could you explain me what does an extension is in order mean. Sir i didnt get. It would be greate if you explain little about it did you mean we need to download and extension for it or do we need to make extension for it.

Re: Sales order modification help would be more appreciable

FA has plugin extensions capability. All extensions are loaded in from the Default Company and can be activated for any or all of the companies in that FA instance.

A list of extensions are in my repo. All official extensions are available for installation from within the default Company login in FA in the Setup tab.

In your case, you will need to make an extension for your workflow or have someone make it for you by posting a bounty in the Job Offers board.

Search the Wiki and the Forum before posting though.

Re: Sales order modification help would be more appreciable

Mr.apmutu do you have any alternative open source which relate to my needs. Can you give me direction.

6 (edited by twlight118 11/29/2018 07:42:18 pm)

Re: Sales order modification help would be more appreciable

I'm still waiting for anyone to replay my topic and solve my problem.

if in that case to make extention then will anyone listen to my Echo...

is there any guide to make extension

Re: Sales order modification help would be more appreciable

It's capable to do it with in FA itself like apmuthu said.

Just make an extension with complete sales module. Just open the sales_order_ui.inc and make the customers list allow it to select multiple customers. And change the customers session to be an array in cart class. Than add_sales_order contains the details of sales cart and customers. Just create Loop to fetch it

Re: Sales order modification help would be more appreciable

An extension with a separate table should be designed and a page showing undelivered items and their client/order details should be presented to select from to make a delivery schedule. The order will be qualified with a delivery schedule ID to make it a primary key in it. On delivery, separate delivery orders would get created from this combination uniquely.

Short of this, make a separate delivery application and then import into FA by studying the DB Anatomy of a Delivery Order in FA.

9 (edited by poncho1234 11/30/2018 06:27:42 pm)

Re: Sales order modification help would be more appreciable

If I'm understanding this correctly, you could use the existing 'recurrent invoices', which should meet most of your requirements.
Recurrent invoices can be used for an individual customer or more importantly for you by 'sales group'. A customer can be assigned to a sales group and then the same invoice can be assigned to all customers in that sales group. You would not have to use the 'recurrent' part of the existing system.
Read up about the recurrent invoices in FA here and here. You will also have to use invoice templates read here and necessary relevant pages.
Are you using invoice templates? It's possible that invoice templates may help you?
Please note this will not give you a single page, you will probably have to create a separate report for this.
I suggest you create a 'training company' and practise with recurrent invoices first as it may take a while to fully understand the process and all its variables.

Re: Sales order modification help would be more appreciable

@poncho1234 I will try this to create sales group but I need a single sheet to be print with all customer sales order for driver to deliver

Re: Sales order modification help would be more appreciable

@kvvaradha Appreciate your time and consideration I will try to work on it. I have also sent you email kindly have a look at it.

kvvaradha wrote:

It's capable to do it with in FA itself like apmuthu said.

Just make an extension with complete sales module. Just open the sales_order_ui.inc and make the customers list allow it to select multiple customers. And change the customers session to be an array in cart class. Than add_sales_order contains the details of sales cart and customers. Just create Loop to fetch it

Re: Sales order modification help would be more appreciable

@apmuthu Yes, you are right it is more logistic
It could be modified it is simple to do it but I have little bit trouble changing and working on it
I believe that I have little experience in FA
it will take some time and I'm looking for some quick solution
I appreciate your great time consideration. Big Thanks for guidness
I'm still looking for some quick solution.
Looking forward to hearing from you guys
Your experiance will make some solution out.

apmuthu wrote:

This is more of a logistics requirement for delivery bunching.
An extension is in order.

Re: Sales order modification help would be more appreciable

As you mentioned.
but to make an extension I need to understand the FA DB anatomy.
I think we can make a copy of sales_order as @kvvaradha said making a loop for each customer.

apmuthu wrote:

An extension with a separate table should be designed and a page showing undelivered items and their client/order details should be presented to select from to make a delivery schedule. The order will be qualified with a delivery schedule ID to make it a primary key in it. On delivery, separate delivery orders would get created from this combination uniquely.

Short of this, make a separate delivery application and then import into FA by studying the DB Anatomy of a Delivery Order in FA.