Topic: Fiscal year error on every transaction

Hi,

I recently installed FA 2.4.4

I deleted the fiscal years and set the year to 01/07/2018 to 30/06/2019.

Now when I add a direct invoice with the date as 04/11/2018 (4th Nov 2018) it gives an error:

"The entered date is out of fiscal year or is closed for further data entry."

I went into the code and commented the following code in the function is_date_in_fiscalyear($date, $date):

if (is_date_closed($date2))
        return 0;

The error stopped and I could enter the invoice.

This is the is_date_closed function:

function is_date_closed($date)
{
    return !date1_greater_date2($date, sql2date(get_company_pref('gl_closing_date')));
}

My gl_closing_date is 30/6/2019
The date entered in the invoice is 04/11/2018

So the function date1_greater_date2 returns false as my date1 is not greater than date2. The ! before the function means it will return true, which means the function is_date_in_fiscalyear will return false, which of course is not the right result.

Also the code further in the is_date_in_fiscalyear is:

$myrow = get_current_fiscalyear();
    $begin = sql2date($myrow['begin']);
    $end = sql2date($myrow['end']);
    if (date1_greater_date2($begin, $date2) || date1_greater_date2($date2, $end))
    {
        return 0;
    }
    return 1;

This code checks if the transaction being entered is in the fiscal year, so I don't understand why we need is_date_closed function.

Now finally my question is that if I keep that code commented will it give me any problems?

It's 5:30 am here i'm running on caffine, I might be totally wrong here, I apologize if I am.

Re: Fiscal year error on every transaction

Set your active fiscal year in company setup. Do not change the code.

That's the first thing I checked. It's set correctly 1/7/2018 to 30/6/2019.

List the contents of the fiscal year table. The sequence of the ids must match the sort order of the fiscal year start field.

id      begin          end       closed
10 2019-07-01 2020-06-30   0
11 2018-07-01 2019-06-30   0

How do I fix this? To change the year from the default Jan-Dec, I had to close n delete the old ones and then create them again in the Jul-Jun format.

Can I just use an update query to switch the dates?

6 (edited by poncho1234 11/04/2018 05:47:11 pm)

This is documented in the wiki

But where you are now, maybe a fresh install and follow the instructions in the wiki is the easiest way to go.

Or as apmuthu states in post 4 above

apmuthu wrote:

The sequence of the ids must match the sort order of the fiscal year start field.

Your 2019 - 2020 comes before your 2018 - 2019
so delete 2019 - 2020 and then enter it again

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

I made the fiscal years by creating a makeshift one and then deleting old ones and creating them again, like stated in the wiki.

That's exactly how I ended up with the ID of the later year larger than the current one.

I changed the dates in the fiscal year. The id 10 is now 18-19 and 11 is 19-20.

made the current fiscal year 18-19.

Still getting the error. I guess the variable gl_closing_date in the sys_prefs table is 2019-06-30 and that's where the issue lies.

Have you checked/re-check the basics:-

What is the active fiscal year in company setup?

Is the fiscal year selected closed?

Did you make code changes? Change them back.

Clear cache - logout login - go to Preferences click the 'Update' button.

Did you create backup before you started changes? (Always a good idea then you can revert if you made a mistake)

If you still having issues try on clean install as suggested earlier

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

Changing the fiscal id will need to be reflected in some other tables as well.

So I deleted and reinstalled the whole system. Followed this (https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/index.php?n=Help.FiscalYears) step by step.

The problem here is that when I installed the system the default fiscal year is 1-1-2018 to 31-12-2018. I then create a small year 1-1-2019 to 30-6-2019 and another full year 1-7-2019 to 30-6-2020.

Now I close and delete 1-1-2018 to 31-12-2018 and also the small year 1-1-2019 to 30-6-2019. This is where the problem lies. Once these years are closed the sys_prefs.gl_closing_date is set to '2019-06-30'.

Now when I create 1-7-2018 to 30-6-2019 (which is the current year right now) and set it as the current year, the fiscal year closed error pops up as the gl_closing_date is set to '2019-06-30'.

So here's how I fixed this issue for myself:

1. I reinstalled the whole system again
2. Went in to the fiscal_year table and changed the years from (1-1-2018 to 31-12-2018) to (1-1-2017 to 31-12-2017)

Then followed the wiki link provided above and now everything is working properly.

12 (edited by spider 01/23/2019 10:34:44 am)

this worked for me as well, but I didn't reinstall - thanks