Topic: Want to create an up-to-date accounting framework for Germany's SKR04

Hey there,

I've been working with commercial software in a tax office some years ago and start to prepare my business for upcoming growth, also I help to get a non-profit society to bring their office standards to the 21st century, which in my opinion means cloud for decentral working.

For me it means changing from the simple income statement to double entry bookkeeping (googled the words fast, so maybe they're not the correct English words wink )

As I am used to the de-facto standard of the SKR04 (English version) and I think this would also help the software for easier access I'd be trying to create an SKR04 for FrontAccounting. I'm not that bad at SQL which I might need, but I'm not so deep into the software, I need your help on where to start.

Maybe you can introduce me into the process of creating a reusable form of the project? I'd be glad...

For now my little GitHub SKR04 project seems pretty empty.

Greetings
Anselm

Re: Want to create an up-to-date accounting framework for Germany's SKR04

Hi,

1st. If you are new to FA then create a Training company for you to practice, test, etc
2nd. SKR04 is a chart of accounts, how do the  4 current German COA's compare? You will find them in Setup ->  Install/Activate Chart of Accounts
3rd. If none of them are similar then you will have to create your own, use one of the existing COA's as a template.

In the unlikely event that you are thinking of including all of the accounts from the SKR04, then please be aware that you may slow the application considerably. In my experience most small companies need <150 accounts

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

actually where do I find the template? I wasnt able to gain

Will these SKRs for 2018 do?

I got those, I meant a template to understand the format for framework definitions in frontaccounting.

6 (edited by poncho1234 07/23/2018 03:58:11 pm)

Not sure what you mean by framework? Can you be more specific? More details?

poncho wrote:

3rd. If none of them are similar then you will have to create your own, use one of the existing COA's as a template.

Study the existing COA's, make the necessary changes.

Default accounts are defined in various places in FA. For example:-
Setup -> System and General GL Setup
And
Items & Inventories -> Item Categories

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

I still think we're talking about different things, when I "install/activate Chart of Accounts" via the setup menu there must be some files which set the layout of the COA, I prefer to edit the chart as files in editor rather then to click through the backend... if thats possible...

8 (edited by poncho1234 07/23/2018 05:30:15 pm)

No, not really, the COA is the 'Framework' in your sense

There is config.php in the root dir which has a few variables in it, but I do not think that's what you mean.

The rest of the settings are in Setup -> company setup and System and General GL Setup, but there are also many other menu items where you can configure FA: And all of these settings will be stored in the database(Which is your copy/settings of the COA)

Upload a COA, then go to Setup -> Backup and Restore... create a backup, download and compare with the COA

You can change the GL accounts in Banking and General Ledger - > GL Accounts