Topic: No access to one of several companies

I am using FA for for several companies - each with its separate database. Now I have the problem that two companies are unreachable: The initial company (the one under which I can create/update other companies) that I used for testing as well as one more company that is operational.

When I log in using my user name and password I get a white screen and nothing else happens. It seems as if I am somehow logged in because I cannot simply go back in my browser and reach the log-in window. My only option then is to restart the computer. Afterwards, I am able to log into other companies through the drop-down under the username/password but as soon as I try to log into one of the two mentioned companies, I am blocked with a blank white page. 

I am not aware of any changes that I might have made to these specific companies and I am not very tech-savvy. Has anyone come across this problem before and can you help?

Thanks.

Re: No access to one of several companies

All db access info are in config_db.php - check if those credentials are okay.
It is possible that some sys_prefs table records may have become corrupted.
If you have a backup for those companies, then try to manually restore them using any mysql client (phpMyAdmin, SQLyog, etc).

Since your other companies are working, the specific company/#/* files may be corrupted too. Check for the installed_extensions.php file contens in each of these folders.

Actually, at the very start, you should be examining your webserver error logs!

Thanks apmuthu,

I asked another user to log in and she was able to access the company so I assume it relates to the specific user id data rather than the company data.

I will ask our tech expert to assist me go through the table records. It must be where the error is.

Lars

It is possible that your password may have changed. All passwords are MD5 hash of the plain text password stored in the users table.