Topic: Current date on invoices

Hi guys ,

When I print an invoice the financial year appears on the invoice.

How can I change it so it would display current date ?

Regards
Francois

Re: Current date on invoices

The default Sales Invoice in FA does not show the Financial Year. See attachment. If you customised your invoice then you will need (to get your programmer) to make the changes.

Post's attachments

SalesInvoice.pdf 3 kb, 10 downloads since 2018-05-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

The FINANCIAL YEAR DATE shows on the invoice. I want the CURRENT DATE / DATE OF SALE to show on the invoice, not the FINANCIAL YEAR ... ie. "28-02-2018" shows on all of my invoices.

Have a look at the attachment in my previous post. The Invoice Sales Date is used in 2 places. I do not see any Financial Year Date. Which version of FA are you using and what versions of PHP / MySQL and Platform (Windows/Linux)?

The date on my invoices stays "02-18-2018"

It will not show the date that I print the invoice, it stays "02-18-2018" same date in the attatchment you sent on the reply.

Kind regards
Francois

That is the date on which the invoice was created. It is not the financial year date.
If you want the "printed on" date, then just add that line to the footer of the invoice as stated in the wiki.

The invoice data is the legal on on which it is accepted to get into the books of account and not the printed on date which can be done any number of times anytime.

Thank you for your reply.

I still don't understand how it works.

The date shown in the top right corner shows (02-12-2018) when I try to change it on the date picker it says "date is out of physical year"

I want to giva a client an invoice with the date they purchased products. The date always stays the same : (02-18-2018)

At the moment I need to edit the date with a pen on the printed invoice.

Regards
Francois

Which version of FA are you using and what versions of PHP / MySQL and Platform (Windows/Linux)? Unless you provide this info, we cannot fathom where the problem lies. It is possible that some reports had errors during it's evolution.

The said date 02-12-2018 happens to be the date on which the invoice was issued (and not the date they had it delivered / ordered). The date when they "purchased" the products will mean different connotations to different points of view.