1 (edited by ScriptBASIC 04/22/2018 07:19:02 pm)

Topic: Company Table

I'm unable to find the table that contains the company information used when doing company setup.

I'm trying import data from another accounting package and surprised there was't a company table.

*Wish List*

It would be nice to be able to define a permanent dimension for divisions. Having them based on date ranges have limited use IMHO.

Re: Company Table

All company information are in the sys_prefs table as records. Dimensions can be used in any classification of profit centres - dated ranges too are accommodated but departments / divisions are the general usage.

Thanks!

If I have division with a code of 01, 02, ... , what would my Dimension look like if I ignore the start/stop dates?

Setup => Company Setup => Use Dimensions => choose 0, 1 or 2 Dimensions. The default in most charts is just 1.

In the Dimensions => Dimension Entry, the start and end dates can be the same as the fiscal year. his is where you will want your divisions to reside in a single dimension Type.

In Items and Inventory => Items, assign each item to  a specific Dimension where desired.

The Wiki is quite explanatory.

If you forget to set the dimension in each entry form correctly, all the Profit and Loss Accounts pertaining to it will appear messed up.

What I'm confused about which isn't well explained is the format of the Dimension Code. Can I just use 01 as a my division code with no trailing /?

Yes. You will have to adjust the pattern in the reflines table in Setup => Transaction References => Dimension.

As for the wiki, you are free to make it more understandable.

That was just what I was looking for.

Thanks for your help and guidance with my questions using FrontAccounting.

My goal is to provide data conversions and theme enhancements for Sage 100 (MAS90) and Intuit Enterprise users. Trying to host these packages in the cloud using RDP is hybrid garbage.  Not to mention the high cost of going that direction.