Topic: login problem after backup

I was trying to clear the existing entries by backup and installing en_US-new.sql and then restoring my company file. After I did it supposedly, I cannot login all the user account don't let me login to my company file. I looked up in the form to see a solution. I saw the post where it says to change value in the config.php file but I cannot find the file. I can see a config_db.php file in the access folder. Need help with getting back. need help with password. Thank you.

Re: login problem after backup

When you upload the FA code to your server, there is only a config.default.php file which is a template for your real config.php file which gets created along with the config_db.php file when the install is complete. Some other files too get created on completion of install.

Explain what you did to "clear the existing entries". The default password is "password" and the default user is "admin". Restoring your company file will need to take care of the table prefix to match that which is in the config_db.php for the said company.

I got back in using the default values ( default user , password ) . Thanks on that. I have restored an earlier copy and back to where I started from. This is what I did. I back up the company file. uploaded the en_Us-new.sql in the backed up copy and restore the company file. What it did was wiped out all the data and user accounts. I used the default user and password you helped me with , got back in and restore the copy which luckly I made before I started on my venture. Can you help me how to clear the existing values please. Thanks a bunch.

When you restore from your company file (sql backup taken from within FA), all the data comes right back in.
What info did you want to restore from your company file if you want to start anew?

I want to delete the data which is added by default when installing a fresh new copy, i.e. customers, sales order etc.

6 (edited by poncho1234 04/03/2018 10:44:28 am)

sql/en_US-demo.sql has sample data including customer names, sales orders, suppliers, purchase orders, etc.
sql/en_US-new.sql has no customers, no suppliers, no purchase orders, no sales orders...nothing - just a blank chart of accounts.

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/