Topic: Items should not be exposed to other location

Hi FA Gurus

I want to setup a shops as a cost center in FA but items should not be accessible to locations other than assigned .
Can anybody please suggest.

Re: Items should not be exposed to other location

FA allows all locations to sell all products. If you want to restrict items sold at each shop, setup a separate POS for each shop outside of FA and import transactions into FA or make a separate extension for the same. Warehouse locations may be a filter that might be useful.

Many thanks for your reply.
Can you please elaborate little more..that how we can create a security access level for multiple cost location with multiple locations in one company in such a way that ever cost center/location's information about sales/purchase/receiving  inventory /receiving deposits can be restrict to their specific cost center/location  with respect to its cost center's nature of business.

I am asking in context of setting FA having multiple shops business as cost centers .

kindly support to setup my requirement in FA.

@joe: any Standard Operating Procedure for this in FA?

A really "kludgy" workaround is to duplicate the company stanza in config_db.inc file and put in a different user / password with restricted credentials! Alternatively, hack the save() function for the cart and/or tweak the insert statements for adding in a where clause to see if the session current_user is either admin or matches the record owner.

Otherwise, post your bounty in the Job Offers board with a clear description of what you want.