Topic: SQL connection error

I copied the database and the source code from my working server to my localhost (xampp) but unexpectedly, it still give me the following error:

mysql_connect(): MySQL server has gone away in file: C:\xampp\htdocs\fa\includes\db\connect_db.inc at line 28
mysql_connect(): Error while reading greeting packet. PID=7496 in file: C:\xampp\htdocs\fa\includes\db\connect_db.inc at line 28
mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in file: C:\xampp\htdocs\fa\includes\db\connect_db.inc at line 29
mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in file: C:\xampp\htdocs\fa\includes\db\connect_db.inc at line 53
mysql_errno() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in file: C:\xampp\htdocs\fa\includes\db\connect_db.inc at line 147
mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in file: C:\xampp\htdocs\fa\includes\db\connect_db.inc at line 107

But when i tried to deploy to my local wamp server, it work alright but it will show me :
mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in file: C:\wamp64\www\fa\includes\db\connect_db.inc at line 27

and when change mysql to mysqli, it will show this:
mysql_connect(): MySQL server has gone away in file: C:\xampp\htdocs\fa\includes\db\connect_db.inc at line 28
mysql_connect(): Error while reading greeting packet. PID=7496 in file: C:\xampp\htdocs\fa\includes\db\connect_db.inc at line 28
mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in file: C:\xampp\htdocs\fa\includes\db\connect_db.inc at line 29
mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in file: C:\xampp\htdocs\fa\includes\db\connect_db.inc at line 53
mysql_errno() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in file: C:\xampp\htdocs\fa\includes\db\connect_db.inc at line 147
mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in file: C:\xampp\htdocs\fa\includes\db\connect_db.inc at line 107

Please help

Re: SQL connection error

Compare and list the versions of Apache, PHP, MySQL, FA version for both the WAMP and the working server.

If your WAMP is having PHP7 then it will not work out of the box. You need PHP 5.3 to 5.5. Only MySQLi and not MySQL driver support is available for PHP 7 onwards but FA 2.3.x needs MySQL driver support