Topic: Quotation forms problem

I see the Forms Setup mentioned in the wiki and in Help, but this feature is not visible in my Setup window. Is there a different place I should be looking for it? A screen shot of my window is at this link: http://oi67.tinypic.com/2ppkhlj.jpg. I'm using version Version 2.4.2 Build 31.07.2017.

I'm looking for a way to edit the Sales Quotation form to change or remove "Your VAT no." and change all other references to "VAT" to simply "Sales Tax". I am in the US and we do not have VAT.

I have changed my language to "en_US" thinking that might help, but it hasn't.

A secondary problem with this form is in the comments on our Quotations. We must add comments, but when there are many items in the quotation list, the Comments and Subtotal information overlap when printed. Here is a screen shot of that problem: http://oi68.tinypic.com/11jsm6g.jpg

When the item list gets long enough, the subtotal and tax info rolls to a second page and the conflict is resolved, but I can see this being a perpetual problem for our users.

A few carefully placed carriage returns in the comments text seems to force the text into place. This is a clunky workaround that won't be very user friendly for our users. I was hoping to find a way to make the comments box narrower in all forms.

Thank you in advance for your replies and assistance.

Post's attachments

FA_Quote_Comments.png 49.7 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Quotation forms problem

1. For editing a quotation you can see here.

sales/sales_order_entry.php?ModifyQuotationNumber=4   //4 should be replaced with your quotation number.

2. The comment Overlap issue has to be solved by editing the rep111.php file there in the place ment of comment , you have to change the left coordinate to get it more a bit left and also the length .

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

The VAT is mitigated by making your own en_US .mo file and setting the translations in the .po file and then compiling it to a .mo file that can be used in your FA.

In the reporting/rep111.php file, th eline:

$comments = $_POST['PARAM_4'];

can be altered to have the new line character inserted at every so many characters in it for auto break. This way it can be wrapped at the appropriate places in the $comment.

Wonder where the $myrow['comments'] got populated from! This is what should be wrapped. There may be a missing call in rep111.php to get_comments_string() (defined in includes/ui/ui_view.inc) as available in rep210.php.

4 (edited by Greg 09/27/2017 03:01:59 pm)

Thank you both for your replies. From the clues here and some looking around, I was able to find the offending parts of both doctext.inc and rep111.php and replaced "VAT no." with "Tax no." and all appears to be working. I did it on each of the various forms and reports. I guess there is no way to know if we'll run into trouble until we use the programs more, but I marked down the filenames and lines of code I modified so they can be put back if needed.

I'm still wondering if a part of my FA instance is missing because "Forms Setup" is not a feature that appears in my Setup window.

Regarding the length of the comments field, it sounds like a winning strategy to force a new line character after so many characters. I am not a PHP coder so I wouldn't even begin to know how to do this. Any suggestions?

Thanks

The way you changed the VAT lines is the quick 'n dirty method to do so and is not recommended as they will get overwritten when the next update is done. The correct way is to make a change in the language .po file and compile it into the .mo file and then use it.

As an example, the standard latin1 en_US.po file is at:
https://github.com/apmuthu/frontac24/blob/master/FA24Mods/lang/en_US/LC_MESSAGES/en_US.po
and is for the standard compiled one at:
https://github.com/apmuthu/frontac24/tree/master/core/lang/en_US/LC_MESSAGES

The UTF-8 version for the en_US lang files are at:
https://github.com/apmuthu/frontac24/tree/master/FA24Mods/lang/en_US-UTF8/LC_MESSAGES

All languages necessary to be choosable must find their folders in the lang folder and be present in the lang/installed_languages.inc file.

Setup => Display Setup will navigate to the Preferences page that can also be reached using the Preferences link at the top menu near the Logout link. Your user role access permission should allow for it to be visible.

Setup => Transaction References is where the Forms Setup is located.

@joe: it would be nice to split the comments at the bottom of all reports to wrap at some width suitable for each report.

Post's attachments

Forms_Setup.png 37.5 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I will have a look at this comments wrap.
Committed.

Joe