Topic: Setting Up manufacturing items to sell

I need to set up a company that buys ingredients and packaging, makes a products with those ingredients and packaging. Then sells it.  I'm trying to learn this from the ground up and prepared to cross bridges as I arrive at them.  TO begin with, it seems that I need to enter all ingredients and packaging materials. What should I enter them as? And where? Manufacturing?

It appears that I might need to make a sales kit item and a product, first. Sort of walking backwards? As in...

Here is a cupcake (product)
These ingredients (flour, sugar, etc) and amounts are in the product (sales kit?)
I make 100 cupcakes at a time (work order)
The flour costs X for 25 pounds (manufacturing costed bill of material)

Then the work order and the other info will work together to say, "Ah, thanks to your flour cost you spend $6.75 on flour when you make 100 cupcakes" and then once all ingredients are added and the packaging costs, "Ah you spend a total of $100 on ingredients and packaging when you make 100 cupcakes with THIS sales kit?

So my sales kit is sort of like my "recipe"?

Or am I lost in lala land?

I'm not even looking at the selling part yet. I feel like I need to make sure that I start with a reliable ground floor.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Setting Up manufacturing items to sell

Sales Kit is for products that can be disassembled into it's constituent parts for individual sale. You cannot disassemble the flour out of the cake.

Use manufacturing to get the job done. It will be a new manufactured item.