Topic: Allow Delivery's quantity to be GREATER THAN order quantity

First, let me thank you guys for a wonderful piece of software and tons of great advice in this forum.

I'm using FA in a fruit processing Company. Some of the fruits are fresh fruits and are sold by weight.
The demand planning person puts a sales order with a requirement for 1kg of Mango. So the order was put for 1000 grams of mango. But of course we can't be sure that we'll find a mango exactly 1kg, so say I wanted to invoice a 1002 grams' mango. FA will complain that Selected quantity cannot be less than quantity invoiced nor more than quantity not dispatched on sales order and automatically corrects the input box back to 1000.

I thought I could control this in the setup/System and General GL setup/suppliers and purchasing defaults, but of course that works only for suppliers and purchasing.

What parameter should I set up in order to allow the deliveried quantity to be greater than the order quantity?

Thanks

Re: Allow Delivery's quantity to be GREATER THAN order quantity

Just edit the 1002 gms mango as 1000gms real mango and 2gms of "wastage" that you forgo.... or alternatively order for 1002gms mango and provide a 2gm "discount" for writeoff.

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough...
My client allows me to overdeliver and invoice fully what was delivered, so forgoing the 2 grams (or discounting them) means losing 2 grams worth of income. That's why I want to invoice the 1002 grams, even if the order was set for 1000.

I hope I made myself clearer now...

Is there a way I could set an overdelivery allowance for sales invoices, or am I missing something here (accounting is not my strength, so I appreciate somewhat detailed explanations...)?

Just amend the order to be 1002 grams and do the delivery for the actuals - 1002 grams.