Topic: Payment to supplier thereafter the order cancelled and they refunded

Hi,

I created a PO in February 2016, down payment paid to supplier in February 2016 and recorded in "Payment to Supplier". But this supplier were taking so long to gather material, and finally they cancelled the order. And today I received a refund from them. What should I enter all these transaction into Frontaccount correctly?

What I have done:
1. PO created in February 2016
2. Payment to supplier (down payment) in February 2016

What happened now:
1. Order cancelled and received refund in July 2016.

Please give me some guideline. Thanks.

Kevin

Re: Payment to supplier thereafter the order cancelled and they refunded

1. De-allocate the advance payment made to the supplier.
2. The receipt of the refund should now balance the advances lying in the supplier account as allocations do not exist anymore for this supplier for this order.
3. Now cancel the order to the supplier.

Hi,

Actually I have not allocated the payment to the supplier yet, so I think I can skip the step 1.

My questions are:
1. How to input the incoming refund amount to frontaccount?
2. How should I handle the original payment I made to supplier? Just leave the payment pending for allocation and cancel the purchase order?

Kevin

Any amount accepted from the supplier is cash/bank/journal vouchered into the respective account. It is monies received on account of the supplier.Since you have not allocated any payment to a specific supplier invoice but had merely paid an advance amount to the supplier on account, it will get contra-ed by the refund amounts received from the supplier.

Thanks for replying me.

Just inputted the refund amount by using "Deposits" under "Banking and General Ledger" tab. After doing this, it got contra-ed by the refund amount. But the "Supplier Allocation" under "Purchases" tab will always have a pending "Supplier payment" for allocation. Do I have anything to do with it? Or just leave it always pending?

If the supplier invoice has been voided, the Supplier Allocation entry should vanish. Try to logout and clear cache and then login again and check.

Actually I didn't create supplier invoice for this payment yet. So I didn't allocate this payment to any invoice. That's why this payment is still pending in "Supplier allocation"and waiting for my further action. What should I do now??

The payment is still linked to a purchase order. Delink the payment and then void the purchase order in that sequence.

Accounting procedure have been done. Purchase order voided. So there is no more PO of this supplier in the system.

However, the payment amount is reflecting the actual transaction of bank statement, I cannot void the "Supplier Payment". This payment amount is still existing in "Supplier allocation" and waiting for my further action. So I just leave it there forever? Or is there anyway I can remove it / delink the payment with this supplier?

1. Start with a new FA install and create a Supplier and a few items
2. Take a backup 1.
3. Create your PO entry to a supplier
4. Make an Advance Payment
5. Enter the deposit Refund
6. Delete the PO
7. Take a backup 2.
8. Restore backup 1
9. Make an Advance Payment to some Supplier
10. Enter the deposit Refund
11. Check that the Allocation line for the supplier is absent (since no PO)
12. Take backup 3.

Now compare backup 2 and 3 and see which field needs to be manually changed for the allocation entry to vanish.

11 (edited by apmuthu 07/16/2016 03:03:35 pm)

See if a backport of this commit works.