Topic: Changing tax_id for phone on reports

What I'm trying to do is something that seems so simple but I'm not grasping the code correctly to make it function right. Basically  I'm trying to change the Tax ID (tax_id) that is printed on the quotations/invoices/etc to the customer's phone number. I know the data is in the crm_persons table in the database but I can't figure out what FA is using to determine what customer id is in effect to pull the proper phone number from the database. Is there an array already assigned with the crm_persons table or do I need to add it in to the doctext.inc and what would I use to distinguish the current customer being used?

Trying to figure how to achieve changing the Tax Id below to customer's phone since 'phone' is not part of the formData array.
Is it something I can do within doctext.inc file or do I have to define a new array with crm_persons data elsewhere?
            $aux_info = array(
                _("Claim Number") => $this->formData["customer_ref"],
                _("Sales Person") => get_salesman_name($this->formData['salesman']),
                _("Tax ID") => $this->formData['tax_id'],
                _("Order Number") => $this->formData['order_no'],
                _("Valid until") => sql2date($this->formData['delivery_date']),
            );

I am new to php but trying to self teach so if you know how and don't mine explaining your results (not just answer) would be greatly appreciated in helping a newbie learn to do php, I have already made tons of major modifications by trial and error including customizing all my pdf forms, but no luck with this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Re: Changing tax_id for phone on reports

Put the phone number in the TaxID field.

Re: Changing tax_id for phone on reports

apmuthu wrote:

Put the phone number in the TaxID field.

For the longest time I was not going to respond to this but......

For instance what if I want to keep the TaxID field intact but don't want it to print on the invoice
instead I want to print their phone number in it's place without omitting their Tax ID