Topic: Customer Database Import Error

Thinking I knew what I was doing - which I didn't - I imported the four customer related databases from my old fa to a new installation.  The correct data is in the databases but I must be missing a step as FA isn't connecting the customers to their branches.  Before I empty the databases, create a spreadsheet and start over following the proper import instructions listed by apmuthu in another post, I was wondering if there was something I could do to make the tables recognize each other.  Currently when I go to make a sales it says the customer has no branch associated with it.

Re: Customer Database Import Error

Study the ERD at:
https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/index.php?n=Devel.ERDiagram23

Then you will notice that in this new version, there are additional CRM tables where entities are linked to instances.
Take a backup now.
Choose one customer and add a branch.
Tanke another backup.
Use WinMerge or some diff tool to study what records got added.
Do it likewise for the other imported customers.

I also had the same issue. At the end I went through every single customer to add their respective branches. The info is there, it is just not linking after the import, but when you open the customer and click on add/edit branch, it automatically recreate the branch for the customer. With multiple branches it is a bit more of a challenge.

Wynand

Thanks for the help.  That's pretty much what I did, except I emptied the branch table first.  With the info in the branch table it was creating double branches for each customer, one that worked and one that didn't.  After deleting the table, the info still showed up when I went to create new branches, but after entering it I only had one correct and working branch.

5 (edited by apmuthu 04/07/2016 10:44:17 am)

You may have some dummy entries in the table that links entities (branches) to contacts - FA's basic CRM tables. See the ERD link in the wiki alluded to in the second post in this thread.