1 (edited by Shenzo 03/09/2016 01:27:37 pm)

Topic: QuickBooks vs FA - A Salutation to FA Developers!

I am QuickBooks consultant in Pakistan with 10 years of experience, I implemented QB with RDS server in many small and big companies. I know QB very well.

Even QB Enterprise is not enough to meet my clients' needs. It is closed program so many times I cannot satisfy my clients up to the mark just because of limited reports in QB and limited customization in many areas like custom fields (No formula). Although it offers free ODBC database driver for enterprise edition, it does not work the way it should. You have limited access to database tables. If you need to write on the table, pay them extra for write-able driver in spite of monthly subscription fee. This is what made me search for another solution and then I found FA via Google Search.

FA is such an incredible ERP. QB stands nowhere in front of FA. Although I do not know html/php, using common sense I can customize FA by editing codes (Inspect Element) much more than I am able to customize QB. I used Advanced inventory in QB, You know what? It sucks! It is so complex and painful that I never considered it a solution to the problem. You need to give 10 minutes to QB just to generate a report using advanced inventory with updated data. I feel like I got out of hell by reaching FA. FA is the solution to every problem QB has. oh yeah, QB does not generate Inventory Movement report either. It will take a long article to write weaknesses of QB. I learned SQL in two days and integrated custom reports in FA. Creating a report the way I want is now possible after a long time. I can create a field with a formula of addition and multiplication etc... I cant believe the life is so much easy. I was stuck. I was fool. I was victim of brand of big corp, Intuit.

Thank you FA for being the worlds best open source ERP. You made the world much better place. I salute you guys.