Topic: Bug or Modification?

When using drill down reports - like the trial balance..
I change the date range to my required range like Jan to March for example and drill down - it's great.
But when I return back the date range has changed to current month and I have to keep re-entering by required date range.
Is there any way that this could be changed so that the drill down reports remember the last date range used?
Don't know if other have same need?
Mark

Re: Bug or Modification?

Yes, it is Mark.

Set the variable in config.php to 1:
--------------------------------
$save_report_selections = 0;
--------------------------------

/Joe

Thanks Joe - Appreciated
Not knowing how to make the change - can it be in the next modification?
I believe it might be usefull for other users too.

Just change the value in config.php to

$save_report_selections = 1;

Joe

Dear all,

We use FA in out Company in German language, it was all great worked till yesterday.
Today I logged in FA to print some invoices and just sow that the application is in English, and I can not set it again in German.
I haven't made any modifications or updates since we use FA - 01.03.2015.
What'a happening? Can anyone explain?
In settings area I see that today "German" - is setted as unsuported language.

I need to use FA just in German language, because our customers are just Companys from Germany, Austria and Schweiz.

I have some backups from database and and all folders and files from FTP, I have also made a backup directly in FA, and I can select the last backup and click restore, but I'm affreid to lose all my work.

Can, please someone help us with some ideeas?

Thank you very much in advance,

DSS Vienna

Compare the backups and check the changes that may have occurred to the sys_prefs table records for default language.
It is also possible that someone de-activated the German language from the lang/installed_languages.inc file.

Hi!

Thanks for reply. I just compared the backups, and look the same.
Yesterday evening I just rememberd that I received an Email from the Hosting Company a few days ago, regarding some software updates between 00:30 and 01:00 on 06.05.2015, exacly the day when FA stopped to work in another language except english.
I think thay made some Appache Server updates, SQL, or some new PHP Version.
My database is untouched, I have all my products, invoices, clients, suppliers, etc....just the language can not be changed.

Yesterday evening I installed a brand new FA on another domain, with a new database, and the same, I can not change the language, even if all language packs are there.

Any advices what to do next before contacting the Hosting Company ???

Check the locales installed in the linux server. you may have to go to the linux command line interface (PuTTY, Terminal, etc) and issue commands for including the german locale.

Can you, please, be more explicit???
I donk have servers knowledge, and I dont have any acces on hosting server...is just a hosting provided by a company.
I reported the problem there too, by they just sayd that is a third party issue...involving FA.
I just replyd them and explain that there is no update on FA, and I havent changed anything ... changing languages has just stoped working since their servers updates....

I hope they will move my hosting to another server with the same setings as before.

10 (edited by apmuthu 05/08/2015 07:43:31 pm)

Paste the contents of the file lang/languages_installed.inc

Do you have access to the linux command line interface? If so, paste the output of the command:

locale -a

If the German language is not present (de_DE), then enable it with:

sed -i -e 's/# de_DE UTF-8/de_DE UTF-8/' /etc/locale.gen
dpkg-reconfigure --frontend=noninteractive locales

Read the Wiki.

Hi, and thanks for answer.

No , I dont have access to the linux command sad

I have to wait for them to configure the server properly.

One more thing....someone told me that can be possible to modify something in htaccess file. But he doesnt know what exacly.

Do you know something about that?

Thank you,
M

Do you mean putting in php.ini directives into htaccess?
http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/htaccess/htacess-change-timezone
http://craftcms.stackexchange.com/questions/8816/return-to-specific-locale-based-on-cookie/8817#8817

So, fresh news. The hosting company tells me that they updated the php version, and now the locales on server are properly configurated. The enconding for language pack german de_DE is not anymore iso-8859-1 , newaday is the new one UTF-8.
In FTP folder lang/installed_languages.ini , I have the UTF-8 encoding for de_DE language.
The problem till 10 mins ago was that I coudn't export any .pdf files because of an error (something regarding dejavu.php - missing), but I fixed this as follow:
- I downloaded the archive from this this link https://frontaccounting.com/wbt/modules/download_gallery/dlc.php?file=57
- unarchived
- paste the 3 files in the folder named /reporting/fonts

FrontAccounting works now in German, and I can export .pdf files as well, but I still have a probleme.
In the exported .pdf files, some specific caracters like ö , ä , ü   ..... are not correct writed...those caracters are looking like this:
Ö = �
" ...  "  =  " ... "

What shoud I do to finaly fix this problem?

Thanks for helping me !

14 (edited by apmuthu 05/12/2015 04:50:30 am)

The translation for de_DE in the official pkg repository is ISO-8859-1 as seen here.

Replace the lang/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/de_DE-2.3.0-3.mo file with this one from my Unofficial GitHub Repo.

15 (edited by dsswien 05/12/2015 05:52:39 am)

I just deleted the old file and uploaded the new one, but I still have the same problem with those caracters.
In application everything looks ok , but some caracters are strange just on pdf files.

I hope I will figure it out today, before my boss kills me big_smile

Thanks,

16 (edited by apmuthu 05/12/2015 10:28:58 am)

You will have to possibly edit the lang/installed-languages.inc file accordingly for the encoding - check the spelling and hyphenation. Logout and clear cache and then login again. If necessary restart the webserver and try. Also check the collation of your database / fields. Post a screenshot of what is messed up.

In the file installed_languages.inc , the ancoding is correct, utf-8

To make the next steps.....I am somehow lost .... sad
About restarting the server ..... I donk know ...

Please help!

18 (edited by apmuthu 05/12/2015 11:39:27 am)

Attached is the German UTF-8 screenshot - please check the umlauts and see if that is what you get / need.

sed -i -e 's/# de_DE\.UTF-8/de_DE.UTF-8/' /etc/locale.gen
dpkg-reconfigure --frontend=noninteractive locales
service apache2 restart

The above code in Debian will install the necessary locale.

Here is the code snippet from the lang/languages_installed.inc file:

$installed_languages = array (
  0 => 
  array (
    'code' => 'C',
    'name' => 'English',
    'encoding' => 'iso-8859-1',
  ),
  1 => 
  array (
    'code' => 'de_DE',
    'name' => 'German UTF8',
    'path' => 'lang/de_DE',
    'encoding' => 'utf-8',
    'version' => '2.3.0-3',
  ),
);

$dflt_lang = 'de_DE';

Make sure you have php5-gettext and php5-intl extensions installed and activated for your PHP.

Post's attachments

German_UTF-8_2015-05-12_170308.png 14.8 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.