Topic: Invoice print layout

New install of Version 2.3.22 Build 29.09.2014.

I must be missing something obvious, but my invoices don't look anything like the wiki page says they should. Here's what I get:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22059150/invoice.jpg

Here's what the wiki says I should get.

https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/index.php?n=Main.SalesInvoicePrintLayout

How can I get the invoice layout to include company and other info like on the wiki page?

2 (edited by ajonate 12/14/2014 07:16:49 am)

Re: Invoice print layout

OK, after a lot of looking around I found a pdf file in the /company/0/pdf_files/ directory. That file contains all of the test invoices I've created so far in the proper format (displays company header and customer info in an attractive format).

I guess my question now is; how can those pdf invoices be printed from the FrontAcconting interface?

****Edited to Add****

OK, I figured it out. When you create a Direct Invoice don't print it, because it will be in the funky unattractive format. After you are done creating the invoice click Sales-->Inquiries and Reports-->Customer Transaction Inquiry. You will see all orders listed there. In the right column of each order there is a little printer icon. Click on the print icon and a pdf file in the attractive invoice format will display in a new browser window, which you can print.

Note: If the pdf invoice doesn't display when you click the print icon then you will need to install Acrobat Reader (and maybe the browser plugin) in the workstation computer.

I don't mind saying that this seems to be the long way around just to print an invoice. I don't see what it would hurt to have the capability to print a pdf invoice as soon as the invoice is created.

Set the way your browser treats the PDF extension - auto download, display in browser or ask for action choice - different naming of these labels in different browsers. Also enable js in browser and works well in default FireFox installation.

how to add under line after item in sale invoice printout

Refer Wiki and Forum Post.