Topic: install COA, Language and extension frontaccounting in ubuntu 14.04

This is just note solution, I have not seen topic about this, if this a double topic, forgive me, or if have more efficient way, just show the link.

What I do just install frontaccounting normally and install COA later.

1. Edit  /var/www/html/frontaccounting/includes/packages.inc (line 165 and 220), change  gzopen() to gzopen(64).

2. Edit /var/www/html/frontaccounting/includes/archive.inc, (line 442 and 463), change  gzopen() to gzopen(64).

The COA, language and extension show up but can not be open.

3. Edit /var/www/html/frontaccounting/includes/archive.inc, add new line under line 327, 'name' => rtrim($temp['prefix']) . rtrim($temp['name']), reference in here https://github.com/cambell-prince/frontaccounting/commit/fb9939cf020f241cff4d0ba00bd8f1a2c951c09c

then after this modification, it can be install.

There is some kind mistake in table database, I use COA chart_id_ID-4digit, the column dimension(number)_id follow number prefix table but frontaccounting require dimension2_id, also in this COA, BOM table is missing, in sql file there is no bom table.

I am also get this message
mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in file: /var/www/html/frontaccounting/includes/db/connect_db.inc at line 27,

I know the mysql has to be downgrade, but I have try it, seem is ok, no error found, could someone can tell me the consequence this error messages?

It just a note, please fix it if something wrong or not should do.

Thanks
Gunawanchang

2 (edited by apmuthu 09/05/2014 03:20:37 pm)

Re: install COA, Language and extension frontaccounting in ubuntu 14.04

Only mysql_pdo is now fully usable in FA.

If PHP is compiled with large file support then gzopen() (and other such functions I suppose) will become gzopen64() and others like it.

/usr/bin/php -r 'var_dump(function_exists("gzopen"));'
/usr/bin/php -r 'var_dump(function_exists("gzopen64"));'

gzopen() is not found in any of the extensions

It is however found in the following 4 files (line numbers):

admin/backups.php (102)
admin/db/maintenance.php (721)
includes/archive.php (441, 462)
includes/packages.inc (165, 220)

The last 3 files reference gzclose() and gzwrite() as well that may need to wrap gzclose64() and gzwrite64() respectively as well.

There seems to be no reference to gzread in FA.

It is hence prudent to encapsulate gzopen() as gzopen64() if it doesn't exist in the compilation using a wrapper function.

This was probably affecting just PHP 5.3.5 version as per the bug report. Let's leave this out for now but keep this in mind if it crops up later.

my new note:

after serial automatic update in my ubuntu 14.04, I have notice that my php version has change to 5.5.9.

The point of 1 and 2 about gzopen64() has to change to gzopen() (back to normal?), so now if your php version in 5.5.9, no need to edit the files.

Thanks
Gunawanchang