Topic: Recurring Invoices

I was just testing recurring invoices (2.1b1) and noticed the following behaviour:

An new recurring invoice can be created from a template that belongs to a different customer than the one you are trying to issue a recurring invoice to. This might lead to problems with currencies and amounts.

If I create and subsequently invoice a recurring invoice the invoice shows a 0 amount and does not appear (as a consequence?) under customer allocation inquiry. Also the automatically created sales order shows 0.

I did test with service items, not with tangible ones.

rgds
rl

Re: Recurring Invoices

As stated in the sticky topic in the forum accounts receivable, it is important to set the price factor in company setup before using the recurrent invoices for a sales group.

/Joe

Sorry, didn't see this one. Yes it works.

You might also want to add that the item to be invoiced has to have a price (defined in sales prices) and that not the amount from the template but this price is being invoiced (although the template selection "amount.." suggests otherwise). The quantity is taken from the template.

If the price isn't set the system throws a sql error 1064 because there is a  ' '  insert attempt.

rgds
rl

Thanks, yes the prices cannot be taken from the template due to that the customers can be of different sales types /currencies.
The amount from the template is merely to help idenfying the template. I will add that there must be a price set for the items in the sales prices.

/Joe

It would be nice though, to do it the other way round - omit the customer/branch  selection and take the template as it is.

On this way the process would be much more like in reality - first the agreement (order, confirmation) and then the recurring invoicing based on that. I for instance sell two items (hosting and support) on a recurring basis but always for a different price. Nonetheless each customer needs a quote and an order confirmation.

Just my 2 cents...

OK, but I think the way it is implemented is more correctly. You are selling the same items / services to a bunch of people. It is up to you to place the correct sales groups on the branches and check that the correct sales types are used or accept the differencies.

/Joe