Topic: COA - Account Code 2

What is the Account Code 2 field for when we are creating a GL Account?

Re: COA - Account Code 2

Some countries use a secondary field for summarizing specially tax or other reports. You can just ignore this field and leave it empty if you don't have this need.

Joe

Hmm.. Can't we use it for a sub-account or something Joe?

And if it is used for summarizing info, how is it used? Do we filter account code 2 in the reports?

No there are no current reports, but you can send those reports to Excel or Office Calc for further sorting.

The sub accounting is not used here, but in the account grouping. you can have an account Group parent on one Group. This way it is possible to take balance sheet and profit and loss sheet with sub accounting. Look in the Wiki.

/Joe

I'm a new user of FA.
It's a great package.
I've tried, unsuccessfully, to see how I can run a trial balance to display "account code 2".
Is there anyway to do this?
Mark

You will have to change an existing report or create a new custom report.

Joe

Thanks.
I'm an accountant, not a programmer.
Is there any place I can learn, in laymen's terms, how to do this?

I want to use it for my accounting purpose . But there is INR(Indian ) currency support so how can i use it?

I want to use it for my accounting purpose . But there is no INR(Indian ) currency support so how can i use it in India?

There is support for all existing currencies. You set the currency up in Banking and General ledger.

Joe

Install the en_IN language extension.
Install any Chart of Accounts (English Indian COA - New.) and modify it to suit your needs.