Topic: No GL entry in Advanced Manufacture

We are manufacturing an item for which no BOM can be predefined as every time the raw material and components are changed, so what i did in FA is that i created an item as 'Manufacture" (e.g Item M) and and added a BOM for Item 'M' and added Service Item(Item 'S') with quantity 0.

Then later in Work order issue i issued Item RM to manufacture Item 'M'. The physical inventory movement looked OK but when i checked the standard cost of Item M i couldn't find any cost allocation, which means that when the Item M is sold there is no GL entry for inventory and COGS and over the period both inventory and COGS are portraying a wrong picture in our trial balance.

I will appreciate if you could clarify if the above is a bug or are we missing something?

Re: No GL entry in Advanced Manufacture

Please read about this in the wiki.

There are no GL postings before producing.

Joe

Yes Joe your are right there should be no GL posting before Production, but i am saying that i have produced the finished goods and they transfer into the inventory but there is no cost appearing in the Standard Cost section. which means when we sell the finished goods the following entry is NOT passed

Dr                     Cr
COGS               XXX
Inventory                               XXX

And yes i have gone through the wiki in detail but couldn't find any answer. and one thing more when the goods are produced through Assemble(BOM) everything goes ok, its only when we select Advanced Manufacturing, FA doesn't account for cost of additional items issued to the finished goods(i.e the cost of 'additional item(other than BOM) issued to the finished goods are not saved in Standard Cost table)

Kindly discuss

But it should. I don't know why you don't get it right?

Joe

Yes you are right, just for the record the only thing i was missing was putting ZERO quantity in service item while creating BOM, when i placed "1" instead of zero its working now

Thanks