Topic: Seem to have added a payment with no GL transactions

Hi,

Somehow our admin has added a payment which has no GL transactions.

If I find the transaction in the 'Customer Transactions' report it shows a debit of 0.00.

If I click on the book icon (GL) I get:

'No general ledger transactions have been created for Customer Payment number 5'

If I click on the transaction number I get:

'DATABASE ERROR : no debtor trans found for given params
sql that failed was : SELECT trans.*,ov_amount+ov_gst+ov_freight+ov_freight_tax+ov_discount AS Total,cust.name AS DebtorName, cust.address, cust.curr_code, cust.tax_id ,bank_act,0_bank_accounts.bank_name, 0_bank_accounts.bank_account_name, 0_bank_accounts.account_type AS BankTransType FROM 0_debtor_trans trans LEFT JOIN 0_comments com ON trans.type=com.type AND trans.trans_no=com.id LEFT JOIN 0_shippers ON 0_shippers.shipper_id=trans.ship_via, 0_debtors_master cust, 0_bank_trans, 0_bank_accounts WHERE trans.trans_no='5' AND trans.type='12' AND trans.debtor_no=cust.debtor_no AND 0_bank_trans.trans_no ='5' AND 0_bank_trans.type=12 AND 0_bank_trans.amount != 0 AND 0_bank_accounts.id=0_bank_trans.bank_act '

It looks to me like a payment record has been added but no GL transactions created.

This doesn't look like it's causing any issues - but I would like it removed.

Is there a safe way to remove it - I've looked under 'Void Transaction' but it does not get listed.

Thanks,

Kevin B

Re: Seem to have added a payment with no GL transactions

Strange, this should never happen of course. Do you know exact scenario which resulted in this database inconsistency?

You can remove artifacts of the transaction using phpmyadmin. Assuming you use '0_ prefix on tables, delete following records:
0_debtor_trans:   type=12 and trans_no=5
0_debtor_trans_details: debtor_trans_type=12 and debtor_trans_no=5
0_bank_trans: type=12 trans_no=5

Janusz

I've tried to replicate what our admin did - but can't recreate the same problem.

Will look carefully at what you are suggesting to delete and will feedback the results.

I have similar error. With FA 2.3.15 y 17. With direct invoice and invoice from Sales Order Entry. And I can repeat the error. And I can not record the payments. Any idea?
I'm using the The standar new company American COA for digits.

DATABASE ERROR : no debtor trans found for given params
sql that failed was : SELECT trans.*,ov_amount+ov_gst+ov_freight+ov_freight_tax+ov_discount AS Total,cust.name AS DebtorName, cust.address, cust.curr_code, cust.tax_id ,bank_act,0_bank_accounts.bank_name, 0_bank_accounts.bank_account_name, 0_bank_accounts.account_type AS BankTransType FROM 0_debtor_trans trans LEFT JOIN 0_comments com ON trans.type=com.type AND trans.trans_no=com.id LEFT JOIN 0_shippers ON 0_shippers.shipper_id=trans.ship_via, 0_debtors_master cust, 0_bank_trans, 0_bank_accounts WHERE trans.trans_no='3' AND trans.type='12' AND trans.debtor_no=cust.debtor_no AND 0_bank_trans.trans_no ='3' AND 0_bank_trans.type=12 AND 0_bank_trans.amount != 0 AND 0_bank_accounts.id=0_bank_trans.bank_act

Rogelio

When this problem appears?
Janusz

In the FA 2.3.17 version. The problem appears when I select Customer Payment Entry.
I select a client from payment, after the write bank charge and the allocation and press the update payment boton.
I tried with direct invoice and with all the flow sales order entry - invoice. And it happend in both cases

Rogelio