Topic: Accounts Receivable for Schools

I have gone through the forums but have not been able to see any solution on my problem statement so far.

1. We have 10 schools in different locations (we call each location a Branch), each covering Grade-1 to Grade-10. I want FA to keep a complete track of students location-wise and also inform the management about Fee Receivable for each location separately.

2. I want the have a separate Income Statement and Balance Sheet for location and then a consolidated Income Statement and Balance Sheet for the whole Company.

3. Whenever a user logs in from a location, he/she should ONLY be able to see transactions related to Students, Fees, Receivables, Vendors/Payables, Trial Balance for that particular location only.

4. Sometimes, a student gets transferred from one location to another location. How do we handle this issue in FA? Should we give him a new Registration number at the Recipient location.

This is it so far!

Re: Accounts Receivable for Schools

Off the hat ...

Method 1:

1. make a separate FA install for each branch school.
2. Make each Student a Customer.
3. Make a consolidated school FA install where each branch school is a branch.
4. Each time import the Closing balances of each branch into the consolidated FA Install

Method 2:
1. make a separate FA install for each branch school.
2. Make each Student a Customer having unique account code (roll no) across all schools.
3. Make the Forms setup have unique prefixes for each school across all FA installs.
4. Make a consolidated school FA install
5. At the end of each accounting period, import all records for Customers (Students), Transactions (will have unique transaction numbers) into the consolidated FA
6. This will not bother about student being transferred at all and the student can retain account code (roll no)

hmmm... Thanks apmuthu. Let me think this over.

But then, FA asks me to have a sales person associated with each customer (aka student). Actually there won't be any sales person involved.

And secondly, a Tax ID has to be associated with each customer too, which in this case won't be required.

Actually, just create one sales person and one customer or keep the class teacher or principal or bursar as the sales person. Assign the one sales person to the one customer. See what tables get updated and then do a bulk sql import for all students! It should be a one time initial import only - thereafter each new student comes one at a time - so it's okay - and then repeat for each new intake batch of students. Similarly for tax s well in the same sql import.

Can we not do it through Dimensions? And if yes, HOW?

User Access Roles will overlap and allow one user from one school to enter details in the dimension for another school.