Topic: "Before GRN clearing Account" message

Hi
I've just upgradaded frok 2.3.11 to 2.3.13, i tried to change the allow negative inventory checkbox in the gl_setup and I get the following error message

Before GRN Clearing Account can be changed all GRNs have to be invoiced

I guess it's because I haven't set a supplier GRN clearing account and the following line

if ((get_post('grn_clearing_act') != $grn_act) 

seems to not work when it hasn't been set.
The previous code was

if ((get_post('grn_clearing_act',0) != $grn_act)

Why this change ?

Re: "Before GRN clearing Account" message

Because the previous code was invalid. Unset grn_clearing _act parameter should be set to empty value, and not 0.

If you have sys_prefs record with name==grn_clearing_account set to '0', you can safely fix this in phpmyadmin to ''.
Otherwise you should invoice all outstanding GRNs before you change the account setting.
Janusz

I'm not changing this account setting.
I'm trying to change something else and I get this error, because I have never set this account.

I can try to change it in the dabase, but that seems to be either a bug, or that a data migration is needed.

/Elax

Wikiied it.

I'm trying to change my invoice legal text but am hitting this issue due to a small number of un-invoiced POs that appeared for reasons I don't fully understand (almost certainly me doing something wrong) at the end of last fiscal year - which is now closed.

The POs in question are repeats of valid (auto generated during direct invoice) invoiced POs. They don't have any GL transactions associated with them and they only occurred for the first few transactions I entered so clearly, I've stopped doing the thing that I was doing wrong! Whatever that  was.

I don't want to "invoice" them in case that generates more GL entries.

I tried setting sys_prefs: grn_clearing_act='' and was then able to Update "System and General GL Setup" but only once.

Afterwards, grn_clearing_act is set to '0' again.

Is this expected?

I can change it back to '' on each occasion I need to update System and General GL Setup but this does seem a bit of a hack.