Topic: new sales quotation entry

Most of the quotations we do are to non-customers (we are hoping they will become customers).  When i try to do a sales quotation, I have to enter a customer's name, but the person I am quoting to is not a customer and I really don't want to add them to debtor_master as we make a lot of quotes that never turn into sales.  Is there some way to just type in a name, address, email to do a quote?

ed10

Re: new sales quotation entry

No, I am afraid mot. You will have to create a dummy customer.

Joe

Creating a dummy company doesn't help, does it?  How do I send the quote to the person who wants the quote?  Am I the only person who needs to send out quotes to get business?  I sure prefer not to put lots of companies into debtor_master who are not customers and may never be.

I understand the problem. Unfortunately the address field is not included in the table for sales orders/quotations.

Let me discuss this with the other developers. Maybe we can find a solution.

Joe

Thanks Joe,
What I need is to be able to enter the cust name, addr, ph, fax, email so I can get him the quote fast before he buys from someone else.  We do maybe 8 or 10 of these a day and it would sure be nice to do them in FA in some fashion so we could just run them in as SO without having to retype anything.

I understand this requires effort.  I just thought this was something many folks need to do.

thanks,
ed10

It seems to be a little difficult to fix this. I have a work around for this.

1. Create a Customer and Branch and name it 'Sales Quotation'. Set payment to be non-cash.
2. When creating a Sales Quotation, select 'Sales Quotation' customer and branch.
3. Below enter 'Deliver to' and below enter 'Address'. If you want more information you can enter it here to, but make a return first.
4. You can also use the 'Comment' field for more info.
5. You will have to use the pdf reader to send it manually to your customer.
7. When the Quotation is accepted, you now create the customer/branch
6. Then just enter Quotation Inquiry, find the 'Deliver to' name and press make order. Select the customer and you are going.

It does not harm the Account Receival ledger. Sales quotations does not make any GL posting and item booking.

/Joe

Yes, this is right way to go. FA is rather B2B oriented, but if you have many random clients, and you do not want to create real customer accounts for them, you can create single 'Non registered customer' entry in Customers, then add every new contact info as additional branch to this customer. This way you have full contact info stored in FA database for later use, and you have only single additional entry in customers selector for all quotations.

Janusz

Thanks, Joe, Janusz

Joe:  I will try that over the next few days to see how it works.

Janusz:  We do mostly B2B.  I would guess about 90% of our quotes are to businesses and the large orders are almost done on quotes usually with some special details from deliver to how the items are packed or who does the forewarding.

ed10

This has now been Wikied.

/Joe

Joe:

So far this has worked just fine.

Thanks for your help,

ed10