Topic: Direct Invoice for Services

Hi can someone explain how we set up a service invoice - where we set up and what changes we need to make.  All we want on the invoice is our logo the customers name and where we can write what we are charging our clients we are consultants and have no need of stock etc just plain invoices Net Total  and GST then Total

Re: Direct Invoice for Services

1. Create one service item of type service. Let the text be editable. Set no price on this item.

2. Use this item every time you want to put it on the invoice. Change the description and price.
    a. you can use the same item on several lines. You just get a warning.

2. Setup normal GST (Tax) in Tax Types and Tax Groups.

Now you are ready to go.

/Joe

3 (edited by LL 10/01/2012 08:49:13 am)

Thanks for that,  I have set the type up in inventory as a type.  I can edit the description to get my extending wording, but the top is not right, it still has box's with - charge To - Charge Branch - Payment Terms - Reference     02345     Currency     GBP     Our Order No     640 - Customer Order Ref.     -    Shipping Company     Default     Sales Type     Merchant
Invoice Date     10/01/2012     Due Date     11/30/2012     Deliveries     522 - I do not need all of these I only need - customer name and address - invoice number - date - I will insert the logo for header - where can I change this?

Hope BugFix on ChangeSet 3069 solves your issue.

FA has only one, not user-customizable invoice layout. If you know php language a little, you can customize the layout changing files header2.inc and doctext.inc under reporting/includes folder. Otherwise just ignore spare info in invoice header.
Janusz

Janusz:  I have modified header2.inc and doctext.inc.  There is a new version of doctext.inc out today.  What is the best way to upgrade to the new version and not lose the changed I made in doctext.inc?  There are several references to VAT in doctext.inc which are not used in US.  Not sure how to keep up with updates and not lose the VAT editing.  I have not checked all the files but there may be the same situtation in various files.

ed10