1 (edited by gthigpen 11/04/2011 03:56:54 am)

Topic: Inventory Items CSV Import

I'm having no joy installing this extension (Inventory Items CSV Import).  I'm at 2.3.7 on a hosted server.  Setup > Install/Activate extensions shows 2.3.0-1 of this extension as Installed and Available.  When in Setup > Access setup, the "Import CSV Item" item displays, but when I click its checkbox, log out and log back in, there is no new element added to the Items and Inventory tab.  I think that is what should happen, though I can't find any doc that actually states how to import a csv file once this extension has been installed.

Please help, I just want to use the software without having to learn PHP and dig into the code.

Thanks

Re: Inventory Items CSV Import

The extension is provided by Tom Moulton. You will find instructions in readme.txt file found in modules/impoirt_items folder after installation.

Yes, see the Readme.txt and post here is you still have problems.

It should be under Items and Inventory -> Import CSV Items

tom

4 (edited by gthigpen 11/05/2011 04:35:36 pm)

Thanks Tom,

I read the readme files several times; not much there about installing the ext.  I've read the "Install/Activate Extensions" info at https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/index.php?n=Help.InstallActivateExtensions and still no joy.  I'm unclear about what must be done in Setup > Access setup.  As stated above, the "Import CSV Items:" element is now at the bottom of the list, but I'm unclear if it needs to be associated to a particular role or just any role.  The instructions at the fawiki are not clear to me.  I did not do any of the steps in the section "Files required for a new extension module" as that requires some code manipulation that I would rather not get into if possible.  Thanks for your help.

Still looking for some help with this.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

Can you see it under Items -> Items and Inventory -> Mainteance -> Import CSV Items ?

If not, you need not activate it for the roles you need. So go to Setup -> Access setup. Select a role (preferably a one you have so System Adminitrator) then check the "Import CSV Items:" , (to enable the module) then check the "Import CSV item" just underneath (to enable the "import csv items" features of the "Import CSV Items").

/Elax

7 (edited by rdalopez 11/24/2011 03:24:35 pm)

I need your help.

I have an item list that I constructed from a price list.
I then "imported" this CSV file into the 0_item_codes table, using PypMyAdmin.

However, when I go to the Items Maintenance in FA, there seems to be no items.
But when I add the items manually, it tells me that the Stock ID/Code already exists.

Can anybody help me please?

My initial problem of installing the "Inventory Items CSV Import" extension has been solved.  It was a problem with the web host I was using.  I switched to Inmotionhosting (for other reason also), re-installed FrontAccounting and the extension and everything worked as stated in the doc.

My apologies for wasting everyone's time, but thanks for your assistance.

Thanks for letting us know!

I have same issue

I do not know how to solve

any help please?

I had the same issue and was resolved by installing the extension, activating it for the company then going to Setup ->Access Setup, then choosing the role of the person you want it enabled in and adding it to their list.

The FA 2.4 version of the import_items module has been updated.

See this commit.

The import_items module has many fixes and needs to be updated from the FA24extensions repo as the official PKG has not yet been updated as on date (under review).

Post's attachments

import_items.zip 9.1 kb, 26 downloads since 2017-11-02 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

13 (edited by mnhpiash 05/05/2018 01:00:42 pm)

hi apmuthu,
import button is not working on version 2.4.4 . i  have create csv file as instruction from readme.txt file. i add csv file and while i press the button "Import CSV File" it's doing nothing -- please help me asap - thanx- have a good day

Contact any paid support entity to resolve your issue that will most probably need manual intervention or post a bounty in the Job Offers board.