Topic: BOM or cost of ready production

hi joe

I have a question related the cost of ready production,
before to write the question I am explaining you the situation

when I have create the BOM in FA for the Ferro chrome (ready production Fe-Cr) I have put the consumption of raw materials as follows:

1. chrome ore 2.7 ton (per 1 ton of Fe-Cr)
2. metallurgical coke 0.05 ton (per 1 ton of Fe-Cr)
3. etc

I have follow all the steps in FA about the production of 100 ton of Fe-Cr (ready production) and I saw that the consumption of raw material was decreased based on this technological card, but, the consumption given in BOM is how to say a provision of raw materials consumption and not the fact.

the fact will be when we have finished the inventory, let`s say

after the measurement of:
1. chrome ore stock we can say that the consumption for production of 1 ton Fe-Cr (ready production) is not 2.7 ton but 2.8 or 2.5

Question:

1. CAN I DO CHANGES IN BOM ABOUT THE ITEM WHICH ARE PRODUCED?

2. IF YES, WILL BE REFLECTED THIS CHANGES IN GL EVEN THAT THE ITEM PRODUCTION IS PRODUCED AND MAY BE IS SOLD?

3. IF NO, HOW CAN I HANDLE THIS SITUATION ABOUT THE COST OF READY PRODUCTION IN GL?

many thanks, eglis

Re: BOM or cost of ready production

1. Yes you can. But the effect will first take place after change. There are no backward regulations. Former productions are as they were.

2. Again the change of BOM items will change the avg. cost for future productions.

3. If you are having trouble with something, there is always a last call to manuel Journal Entry.

/Joe

Joe,

i would like to help develop something like proposed by Eglis. Specially in process manufacturing (chemical, cosmetic, pharma, etc.) this is a very must have feature. I am talking about the yield and the real discount on inventory. i would propose something like individual post production BOM. do you think this is possible? could you give me some hints on this one?

thanks,

adrian

I am not sure I can contribute with anything here. Maybe somone in the audience can. Let us hope.

/Joe

Ok, after a revision of the requirements i have thought of creating an extension using the Manufacturing app, but making the necesary changes to work for Process Manufacturing. I guess an extension is allowed to make database changes, is that right?

Yes, it will require an extension.

/Joe

Joe,

i am looking for the code where the following event (as in FAwiki) occur:

- A stock move is created for the BOM item of type Work Order Production (minus). Was earlier of type Work Order.

I can only find where the finished item stock move occurs:

In work_orders_produce_items_db.inc:     add_stock_move(ST_MANURECEIVE, $details["stock_id"], $id,
        $details["loc_code"], $date_, $ref, $quantity, $m_cost);

Would you be so kind and indicate to me where the BOM stock moves occurs?

thanks

adrian

In function work_order_produce the bom costs are gathered in line  55.

$m_cost = 0;
                   $result = get_bom($details["stock_id"]);

while ($bom_item = db_fetch($result))
    {
        $standard_cost = get_standard_cost($bom_item['component']);
        $m_cost += ($bom_item['quantity'] * $standard_cost);
    }    

// insert a +ve stock move for the item being manufactured
    // negative means "unproduce" or unassemble
    add_stock_move(ST_MANURECEIVE, $details["stock_id"], $id,
        $details["loc_code"], $date_, $ref, $quantity, $m_cost);
    // update wo quantity and close wo if requested
    work_order_update_finished_quantity($woid, $quantity, $close_wo);

/Joe

Joe,

i  mixed the cuestions up a little, what i am looking for is where stock_move for the components occurs. at some point the individual components wich are part of the BOM are taken out of the the inventory.

thx for your replies

adrian

This is done just before these lines by calling the function work_order_quick_costs. This function begins on line 116 in file /manufacturing/includes/db/work_orders_quick_db.inc.

/Joe

what would be the best form to share my advances with this extension? i have done some modifications within a copy of manufacturing app, called process manufacturing and hooked from in modules folder. i would like to share my ideas so maybe someone can contribute.

adrian

You could ask for some help in the Modules /Add-ons Forum.

/Joe