1 (edited by juju 03/09/2011 07:08:23 am)

Topic: Cash Flow Statement

Hello.

I've been implementation FA and greatly assist the process of my business, but I'm looking for Cash Flow Report, in accordance with this  Cash Flow @ Wikipedia and this Cash Flow Statement @Wikipedia. It would be perfect if the FA next version is equipped with Cash Flow. or already exist that make the module / extension / report, please share with me.

Thanks & Best Regard
Jujuk

ING NGARSO SUNG TULODO, ING MADYO MANGUN KARSO, TUT WURI HANDAYANI

Re: Cash Flow Statement

Hi, I too am looking for a Cash Flow Report in FA. After a quick search around this forum, I think there hasn't been any active discussion about implementing it.
So please if anybody has any ideas or is already implementing it, please share it here.

kuro

Regards, [url=http://captainkuro.com]captain_kuro[/url]

we also are looking for this report and think it should be in FA

I understand you, but please help us doing this. If some of you will help us with such a report we will incorporate it into release 2.4.

/Joe

Dear joe

i would like to make this report

please inform me how you want us to make it and if you are not all ready doing it

thank you

Just use one of the other reports as a template.
The reports are in the file /reporting/reports_main.php. They are using an internal number depending of which section it belongs to. F.i. The COA report have rep701.php. You can use the next available number for.
You also see in this file, the various selections you can do on the report.
So create the new report and put it in reports_main.php.

This should do the job. If you run into problems, please don't hesitate to ask again.

/Joe

Great

i will start on it after the week end

Hi guys,
Any success on cashflow statement? I really need it so much.

Could somebody point me in the right direction how to incorporate Cash Flow Statements into FA reports?

Hi guys,

first post, just installed and configured FA on my webserver (SSL) in an attempt to get rid of the QuickBooks tax and eventually the M$ Windows tax.

FA offers all I need with the exception of a Cash Flow Report.

I am (sort of) familiar with php having contributed a few Zencart plugins and also maintaining the German language pack for the latest ZC 1.5.1

But that is where my php coding capabilities end....

Whilst looking around the web for a php based cash flow report I found this:

http://media.wiley.com/Lux/42/310642.image0.jpg

Basically that is the report needed in FA. Would the FA devs be willing to give this a go.... ??

Thanks

Frank

Post's attachments

CFS_Sample.jpg 37.7 kb, 1 downloads since 2020-04-25 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Sure, can someone specify for us, how the various topics are calculated. Or maybe better, are someone out there capable of making this php report.
I will gladly incorporate it in the core reports.

Joe

I have found a resource document here.

Maybe we can use that as a template. What do you guys think?

/Joe

That looks perfect Joe.

Guess all the required data is already present in the FA DB?? One would need to decide which method (direct or indirect) to use. My preference would be the direct method.

It would be good to have the option of a monthly, quarterly and annual report.

Cheers / Frank

Just curious: has any progress been made with this mod?

I guess not yet. I would appreciate if somebody outside would make a draft of this report according to the database tables we currently have.

Joe

Cash Flow statement would be done with the bank and cash accounts setup.

It will receive all the cash receipts minus the cash payments for each account. The balance would be you positive or negative cash flow. This is not sales on credit or purchases on credit. These will only reflect when you receive payment on those sales or when you pay your supplier.

Depending how you have setup your accounts, will determine how one would write the report.

Let's for example say that you have two bank accounts set up. Bank Account A (Current Account) and Bank Account B (Cash Account).

Need to add all the receipts in Account A for a given period together and then subtract the expenses that was paid from that account.

Then you need to do the same for Account B.

Each account will then have an opening and closing balance and the difference would be you negative or positive cash flow.

To that one need to decide how many periods should be included in this cash flow  report. 1,2,3,4,5,6 periods and the total for those periods. Say from 01/01/20xx to 31/01/20xx would be one period.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Example:

CASH Flow
    As at 01-Mar-2011
    Account
    October   10 -  November  10    December  10    January   11    February  11    March     11    Total

0.00                   0.00                     0.00                      0.00              0.00              0.00             0.00

Net Cash Flow   
        0.00                   0.00                     0.00                       0.00              0.00              0.00              0.00
    Total Bank Balance   
        0.00                   0.00                     0.00                        0.00               0.00              0.00               0.00

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wynand

It would be similar to the report: Annual Expense Breakdown - Detailed. The only difference is that it will only reflect all cash receipts and payments and not all sales and purchases like this report.

Regards

Wynand

If this will do the task, I guess it would be quite simple to make the report.

I will give it a try. Maybe a banking report or?

Joe

Hello again sealhawk,

I have now made a first draft of the Cash Flow Statement according to your advice. At this stage I have made it as a custom report.

The selection periods are slightly different from your approach. I have made the same selection as the detailed break down reports.

Please download the attached zip file. Unzip it in the modules folder. You will then have a folder called rep_cash_flow_statement.

Go into FA and move to Setup tab, select the install/activate extensions. Select the rep_cash_flow_statement.
After that you must activate it for the Company you are working on.

Now the report should show up in the Banking Reports.

Tell me if we are on the right way smile

/Joe

Post's attachments

rep_cash_flow_statement.zip 4.7 kb, 66 downloads since 2014-02-22 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

20 (edited by aquarius 02/24/2014 12:08:55 am)

That looks good Joe - certainly fills my requirements. Thank you!

Just had to make one (temporary) change as I don't have a company logo uploaded - the report threw an error (company logo missing...)

// Company logo setting
// $companylogoenable = true;
$companylogoenable = false;

Once I did that the report loaded without problems.

You may want to test if the company logo is actually present and if not then set

$companylogoenable = false;

That would account for people like myself who don't want to show a company logo.

Another suggestion:

Allow selecting a period say 2nd quarter of the current financial year or a selected month, meaning we need a period from -->> to box (boxes)

Thanks / Frank

Joe

Sorry for only getting back to you now. I think it looks great. Will test it on a number of installation with multiple bank accounts and see what it does.

See it will give you last twelve months which is great. Some might want a from and to date to do the report for  quarter of six months.

Thanks for the development. Will keep you posted.

Wynand

Joe

Tested it on a number of companies and works great for me. Think we can offer it on the extensions.

regards

Wynand

Yes, sure. I will start preparing it for the repo.

Joe

The report is already available for install  from our extensions. Thank you for making FA beeter smile.

Janusz

Hello Experts,

I have installed and activated the extension" Cash Flow Statement Report" but when I go to Reports (Banking) the report is not there.   What else should I do to see this report?
Thank you.