Topic: How to add "Rounding off" and "Delivery Charges" on Purchase Invoices?

Hi

My queries are as below :-

1. I have few purchases where supplier has charged us "Delivery or Transport or Carriage or Freight" charges. Kindly explain step wise how to add these in supplier direct invoices or purchase orders?

2. I have few purchases where suppliers have rounded off amount to a whole figure (e.g. $ 3499.95 is rounded to $ 3450). Kindly explain how to add this.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Niam.

Re: How to add "Rounding off" and "Delivery Charges" on Purchase Invoices?

1. You can create some service items without price to use for this.

2. If this is a per item issur, then enter 3450 as purchase price. If this is a total round up issue, create a service item to handle this, just like before.

/Joe

Thanks for your quick reply Joe. BUT after creating these services when I create a PO and add these services (delivery and rounding-off) to it, then system automatically adds VAT to these services too - which I don't want.

Any remedy for this, thanks.

- Niam

I have worked around this problem, of automatically adding VAT, by creating an "Item Tax Type" exempt from all taxes and then adding service "delivery charges" to this type.

BUT, another problem with your suggested approach will be that my inventory will show the purchased price of item (on which i paid delivery charges) without this delivery charge.

You can create item tax types in the Setup Tab. Then you can exempt the taxes for this new item tax type. And you can then put this item tax type on your service item. Pretty smart, right?

/jOE

Hey, I guess we overlapped a bit here. You found out yourself.

If you want the price to show up again and again, create a purchase price for this service. You do that in Items and Inventory.
Did I understand you correctly, otherwise please be more specific.

/Joe

Joe,

Thanks for prompt replies. Appreciate your efforts.

Very clean system. I am loving it so far.

BUT freight handling and rounding-off must be on PO form than creating service as it is more cleaner approach.

- Niam

Joe,

Another query re 'Rounding Off' -

How to add negative rounding off? e.g. -0.50

- Niam