Topic: Creating delivery service item posts Inventory and COGS Automaticly.

When Creating Delivery (With Using Service Items), The System Posted Inventory and COGS Account Automaticly.

I am a service company, always use the service items (Inventory account is always zero) and I use 1 item together to make the sales and purchase. But when i will create an invoice at the time of delivery process, the system automaticly post inventory and COGS accounts, This happens if the item has been used to purchase. Is this a program bug?  or I must to use different items, one for sales and one for purchase? I use FA 2.2.7, please help.

Thanks,

Hasnet

Re: Creating delivery service item posts Inventory and COGS Automaticly.

Check that you have set the correct accounts on the service item. For service there should be only 2 accounts, Sales and CoGS.

/Joe

The item has been setting ok joe, like you said Sales and COGS. But if i use the same item to make the sales and purchase. After the item used to purchase, it will post inventory in the credit and COGS in debit when i create the delivery proses. Eventhough i set not allow negative inventory in system and general GL setup.
How to fix this, please help...

/Hasnet

I am sorry, I can't reproduce this. Will you give me a detailed situation.

/Joe

I'm having a similar situation.  I buy items from supplier A.  The Purchase Account for this supplier has been set to Inventory account because the hint of the selection button is to either use an Inventory Item or a COGS Account.  I use a service item S to record the delivery charge every time I buy from A. The C.O.G.S. Account of S has been set to "Supplier A delivery charge" under G/L Cost of Goods. 

I used Direct Purchase Invoice to input all my purchases.  All of the S items of these invoices were all debited to Inventory a/c instead of "Supplier A delivery charge" a/c.

Which version of FA and what Chart are you using?

I'm using FA 2.4.4 Build 17.03.2018.  The COA is the default one that comes with the installation.  Where can I check what exactly it is?

Use the Post Release fixes files as well at:
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?pid=31246#p31246

I've downloaded the zip file.  Do I just copy the post-release files to my installation and that's it? 

What exactly does this statement mean?  "Take note of DB changes in the charts of accounts and those that pertain to fixes in the addon modules apart from the new entries in the config.inc.php (refer config.default.php changes) / sys_prefs table entries."

The Post release files just overwrite the existing counterparts - take care of the parent folder structure to suit your install.

Verify that your config.php file has the variables of the new config.default.php file which has not changed since FA 2.4.4 release yet.

Compare the variables in your sys_prefs table and fill in any absent in them that are in the standard chart of accounts - sql/en_US-new.sql.

Any addon modules from old FA 2.3 installs may have to be updated to their FA 2.4 counterparts if any.