Topic: Double posting of amounts

I suspect due to a timeout issue, this problem occurs.

I posted a customer payment, and got the yellow warning triangle. Assuming this was due to a timeout, I submitted the entry again.

When I checked the results, the payment was processed twice.

Is there a way to avoid this? I hate having to make adjusting entries smile

Re: Double posting of amounts

Well, timeout was enlarged to 6s in  2.2.5 and this should be enough in any circumstances, or anyway user interface became unusable. If this still genearte trouble I will think about finding some cure, although it can be difficult.

Janusz

I also have this problem a lot, in lots of places in the system,  I have been blaming it on my bad internet connection...  these problems don't happen when my connection is fast...  however I don't seem to have the trouble with other scripts. 

It might help to have some php.ini setting recommendations, etc.  I get no errors in the System Diagnostics.

Alvin smile

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

I am still having problems running FA reliably and having a lot of what I call timeout errors. I am seeing the yellow triangle way too much! smile I will try and enter an invoice, and the triangle comes up when I choose a new client, it comes up when I choose "Cash" or "Delayed" payment, it comes up when I enter a line item.

I have increased the ini_set('memory_limit', '48M'); I have increased the timeout and I am just not sure where to adjust next.

I am on a shared server, with the database sitting on a separate one. Has this been an issue with others? Do I need to go to a VPS? Is this a hosting issue (I hope not)?

Thanks.

You can check how the system works in non-ajax mode. To do it  logout from FA, switch javascript off in your browser, then login into FA again. Now you will find the user interface changed slightly, and no ajax calls are used but only synchronous page updates after press on any submit button.
Open the page you had troubles with timeouts, and observe how much is server response to any form submits,delayed. If response is slow - you should change your hosting. If system response is fast we will have to find what is exact problem.

Janusz

Janusz:

I think you have nailed it... the system is slow even with Javascript turned off. I am working with the hosting service to see if they can resolve it.

Are most of your users on a shared service, or do you recommend a VPS?

I'm not sure. Shared hosting service quality always depends on provider policy. If they  want increase money return too much having lots of customers on the same server without further investments, the quality will be poor. Both our demo servers are on shared hosting, not VPS and they work right.
Janusz