Topic: Item with expire date

Hello,

I have items which valid in inventory for 1 month only, let's say food that expire after 1 month.
I mean items that have expire date.

How can we implement this with FA?

Thanks,

Re: Item with expire date

We have no batch control in inventory yet, so we cannot track 'best before' dates I'm affraid as for now. If you want to implement it you have to design all the functionalities related to such feature, and code it in php together with needed  changes in db structure. If you have enough skills and want to start this implementation please subscribe to developers list and discuss the idea with rest of the team to obtain best results.

Janusz

I just started testing FA and thought I found utopia.  Till this thread, I have the same need although our product expires in 6-12 months.  I also need to track Lot/Batch numbers of the raw ingredients that go into our manufactured products. 

Can you tell me if there has been any development on this for v3.0.  I need to implement an inventory/accounting sys asap and may be able to assist in the functional design but unfortunately not the coding. 

Anyone have a workaround for now?

Thanks for nice words. Currently nothing is really scheduled regarding batch control implementation, and there is no workaround as far as  I know. Batch control features are not always necessary, but the implementation is a big task, so it was not started yet.

(NB next version to be released in June is 2.3, not 3.0).
Janusz

I understand.  I also found this related thread https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=1294 indicating a project for serial numbers may have been requested and funded.  Perhaps these two functions can be developed together and if the implementation is quick I can help support?

Btw I misspelled my intended username ;-(  are you able to change it to bikereel8?

No problem, login fixed. Look into your mailbox at munchuponatime.com, I have sent you a post related to the subject.
Janusz

Hi Janusz,

Can you please enlighten me too about this though mail ?

Thanks,

Chaitanya

Hi Chaitanya,

I'm not sure what you mean? Just contact me via email.

Janusz

it can be possible through coding I can do that easily contact with me.
farhajuddin@hotmail.com

Any one found a solution for tracking expiry dates.
And implementation of FIFO method. ??

I'm new user of FA just installed 3 days ago.
Ex-user senior of Peachtree premium 2004.

Thank you

11 (edited by apmuthu 01/03/2016 03:48:18 am)

State the workflow you need to achieve Serial Number tracking. What do you want to do for items that have "expired"? How does the FA sync with the actual "expired" items among the physical inventory for disspatch? Do you store goods in separate bin based on expiry date?

Also refer the thread stated in one of the previous posts here.