Some administrative menu options available under Setup tab are potentially dangerous for site security if used maliciously. To minimize risk of exploitation those options are available for nobody but admins of first registered company (company 0), which are considered as site admins or super admins. It means that regardless of access setup those options are not accessible for users of any other company.
The following menu options have influence on overall security of the system, so they are available only to the super admins:
- Create/Update Companies
- Install/Update Languages
- Install/Activate Extensions
- Install/Activate Themes
- Install/Activate Chart Of Accounts
For detailed instructions on how to use the above options, please follow their respective links.
It is important to note that these options are disabled, but still visible, for all users except the super-admins.
- If already logged in as any user, except super-admin, log-out.
- Change company to company 0. In most cases, this is Training Co. (**Important!**)
- Enter admin (or any valid name set for admin user) as your login name.
- Enter the password you chose when setting up Front Accounting.
Tips and tricks
The super-admin exists only on company 0. If you are logged onto an account on any other company setup in Front Accounting, you will not be able to access super-admin options. If you still have no access to any of above special menu options, you have to fix Access Setup for your role.