Enter Supplier Payment Entry against a Supplier invoice.
- Select a supplier from drop-down combo-box.
- Select the bank account the deposit should be made from. List of Bank Accounts can be setup in Banking and General Ledger module.
- If needed, change the date of the deposit.
- Enter the full amount of any additional bank charges (NSF charge, Cheque certification, etc).
- Enter the discount give to the supplier (the discount they are qualified to take will be shown above this line).
- Enter the amount of the payment against one or few supplier's documents (if any).
- Optionally, enter a memo/note about the deposit. This may be something as simple as the type of payment(VISA/Mastercard/Direct Deposit/Cheque/etc.) or cheque number.
Tips and Tricks
- Use Payments if you want to book the payment against a specific account.
- Say you need to add a payment from a supplier to settle a credit note you need to use the 'Deposits' screen under 'Banking and General ledger' record the payment. Make sure you select 'From: Supplier' and then choose the supplier in the drop-down. You will then be able to allocate this payment to the credit note under 'Purchases' - 'Allocate Supplier Payments or Credit Notes'.